It really bugs me when charity's call for a donation and they suggest a donation amount. I had one call yesterday and they wanted $200. They said $400 would be better but they were hoping that we could help out with "Just" $200. Seriously, its like 2 weeks after Christmas. Who the hell has $200 extra right now. I probably would have donated $20 or $30 or something but they didn't even give me the chance to offer before trying to get $200 bucks out of me. So I just told the guy that we were expecting a baby right away and that I was waiting for my EI to kick in and being that we JUST had Christmas, maybe they could call back in a few month. Or they call and want you to make a donation over the phone and if you ask them if they could please send information to your house, they never seem to be able to do that. Sorry buddy but I am not giving you my credit card over the phone, nor am I going to send you money in the mail. Call me old fashioned but I want to see a badge or some kind of proof that I am not sending money to a cult or to pay for someones drug habit.
Anyway Chris is looking at me funny, its making me laugh, and nothing good can come out of laughing when you are 9 months pregnant.
L8R
Dammit! I was just about to call you and suggest a $250 donation to the Human Fund. $500 would be better, but I understand that we just had Christmas and it's a tight time for most families, so $250 would be just fine. Not only that, but you are now pregnant with not a first or second, but THIRD child, and since you are now in the running against the Duggars to repopulate the earth it's evident that maybe you will need money with which to clothe your many many children. Okay, $175 will be just fine.
ReplyDeleteThanks for your time today.